Welcome to 2009….
Been a bit sparse on the blogging front. Trying to keep the kids entertained kind of kept me off the computer for the duration, along with not finding time after collapsing on the sofa after snowboarding. The board game “Clue”, or “Cluedo” if you are a little older has been the hit of the holidays, being played after dinner on a number of occasions. The kids enjoy it, which is, after all, what you hope for in a present, eh….
So, there we go. Another year in the bag, as they say. We never got our own house in ’08. Not sure if that was a blessing or not, in light of current conditions. But then, none of the job applications I made came off either, so there you go….
The missus finally made some headway at least, on the job front, getting the permanent contract with her bank.
Sam was selected for the town soccer/football team and discovered he needed braces on his teeth. We discovered the cost.
Holly made some real progress on her swimming, did a couple of shows and had her first snowboarding lesson.
So, what’s planned for 2009….
- After finishing a couple of clients sites, I’m planning to get my own website projects finished along with my plans for FromTheWatersEdge and a couple of others.
- Record more music. Having got back into it with the James Bond track in ’08, better tunes are on the cards. Do more with The Phantom over at Phantomville (http://www.phantomville.com). I’ve even dusted off and been practicing the flute for a separate project….
- Take more photos and take them “better”…. Having seen a few other people over at Flickr do this, I figured I might do the same; aim to take portrait shots of each of us every day for a year. We’ll see how it goes. I may start from the January 1st 2009, or I might use the first few days to warm up and go from my birthday, on the 7th. We’ll see what shots I get for what is being called “Project365” here in the Boomerverse….
- I’m going to be back trading seriously for a bit, see how I go. Got to get some more cash coming in, this seems to be the easiest to get going, for the moment. Unless I go broke.
- Go see Cuba, Ecuador, Peru or Japan. Not all, but one of them. Although, the dentist fees for Sam may spoil this one, unless trading goes particularly well….
- Get a dog. An Alaskan Husky is looking likely at this precise moment. An advert for a new litter has been “spotted”…
We’ll see next year if all, some or any of the “plans” have happened.
There is talk of going back to skool, or college, both me and the missus to retrain in something. She’s not sure in what, but I’ve got my eye on law. We’re looking at doing that here in Canada, or the UK, maybe via the Open University there, depending on which works out cheapest to do. It’s early days though…. but after tutoring, (I say tutoring, I mean, doing the kids homework for them) through December, I can safely say, I’ve had enough of it. The “kicker” came when a student turned up, with their end of module test, unfinished, with no idea of what to do, having not done the work assigned over the last few weeks, being too busy with their “out of school activity” and being told to help them, which meant ME doing the test, effectively, so that they could get the credit, to get into a college to train for a higher paying job than me tutoring them. That kind of “killed” it for me, I’m afraid.
Can’t think of anything else for now, so after that “rant”, I’m off for a beer and the last bit of xmas cake…. cheers!